To stimulate public and professional awareness, share knowledge, and create change so that every Delawarean is aware of issues and choices related to the end of life.
To strengthen collaboration between the public and professional communities of Delaware regarding end-of-life-issues.
To serve as an umbrella organization to:
- Share resources and information
- Promote public and professional education
- Foster innovations in provision of care
- Address public policy
- Increase cooperation among various groups that provide end-of-life services
Our goals are to:
- Ensure best practices in end-of-life care
- Help individuals & families understand their healthcare options
- Illuminate the special needs of veterans and to connect veterans with appropriate care
- Educate the public on the importance of and possible choices in healthcare directives
- Recognize and reward excellence in professionals working in hospice & palliative care
- Bring survivors of suicide loss together for support and healing
- Build hope in those that mourn the death of a loved one